Standard Promotion and Competition Conditions
The “Promoter” is Rascals International Limited, whose registered office is at Room 1202, Energy Plaza, 92 Granville Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
- all Promoter’s, and its affiliated companies’, employees and their Immediate Families (spouses, grandparents, parents, children, and grandchildren, whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension).
- all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
- all people who have already won a prize from this promotion.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (the “Rules”) apply to all Rascals International Limited Promotions or Competitions (collectively, the “Promotion”) conducted by means of any medium. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (the “Specific Rules”) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules, registration, entry or vote is limited to one (1) per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority to enter that Promotion.
- No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
- The Promotion is open to Australian Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- Promoter reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who Promoter decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant Promoter exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
- Standard SMS text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
- Any form of automated text message is invalid;
- The telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two business day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database. If no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes; and
- Promoter takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Rules or Specific Rules.
Winning the Prize
- Only a person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the Prize (the “Winner”).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the judge (the “Judge”).
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final.
- The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), mail, digital communication or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by Promoter. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (e.g. when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts or mail sent is returned) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry).
- The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the Prize in person, they must provide proper identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the Prize.
- The Winner takes the Prize entirely as his/her own risk and indemnifies Promoter in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the Prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
- Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic, the Winner (and any travel companion) are responsible for all additional costs associated with the Prize that are not specifically included, such as transportation, meal costs, spending money, insurance, travel documentations, and all other incidentals. Winner must hold a valid passport and other documentation as required by the applicable immigration department.
- Promoter reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- Promoter takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect short-code, Force Majeure, or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Prize.
- Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside Promoter control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the Prize, Promoter has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
- The Promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram or other third party platforms.
- Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.
- Promotions and these Terms and Conditions are governed by Hong Kong law. Any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of Hong Kong.
- The Promotion is “Rascal + Friends Real Parenting Stories”.
- Entry into this Promotion occurs through sharing a social media post, story or video with the use of the social media hashtag, #realparentingstories
- There is no limit to the entries per person.
- Every person entering into this competition warrants and undertakes that: (a) the submitted content will not violate the intellectual property of any third person; (b) the submitted content will not breach or violate local, regional, national or international laws; or (c) the submitted content will not depict nudity, pornography, obscenities or other materials that would be reasonably likely to cause offence or harm.
- The Prize is a $5,000 Coles Voucher, a ‘years’ worth supply of Rascal + Friends premium nappies, nappy pants, or eco nappies’: [72 x Bulk Packs], and a ‘years’ worth supply of Rascal + Friends sensitive wipes [36 x Sensitive Wipes Multi Bag].
- A breach of these Specific Rules or the Rules will result in disqualification from the Promotion.
- This Promotion runs from [02/08/2020] to [06/12/2020].
- The winner will be selected by the Rascal + Friends Marketing team on the completion of entry requirements.